Commands are not distinguished from options execpt for the fact that
only one command is allowed.
- Print the program version and licensing information. Note that you can
abbreviate this command.
- Print a usage message summarizing the most useful command-line options.
Not that you can abbreviate this command.
- Run in server mode and wait for commands on the
default mode is to create a socket and listen for commands there.
- Run in background daemon mode and listen for commands on a socket.
Note that this also changes the default home directory and enables the
internal certificate validation code.
- List the contents of the CRL cache on
stdout. This is probably
only useful for debugging purposes.
- This command requires a filename as additional argument, and it will
make dirmngr try to import the CRL in file into it's cache.
Note, that this is only possible if Dirmngr is able to retrieve the
CA's certificate directly by its own means. In general it is better
--call-dirmngr loadcrl filename command
gpgsm can help dirmngr.
- This command requires an URL as additional argument, and it will make
dirmngr try to retrieve an import the CRL from that url into
it's cache. This is mainly useful for debugging purposes.
- This commands shuts down an running instance of Dirmngr. This command
has corrently no effect.
- This command removes all CRLs from Dirmngr's cache. Client requests
will thus trigger reading of fresh CRLs.